Thursday, July 29, 2010

Many years ago I made myself a promise I'd never let the garage get so that I couldn't get the cars inside and I've been able to keep that promise so far. But it has gotten pretty cozy from time to time.

As a matter of fact, it is a bit cozy right now so after several years of "talk", today we started the "walk" and a yard shed is in progress. Here are photos from today.

Kyle and our neighbor Kirk, start early this morning placing the 4 - 4x4x16 treated timbers on which we'll build.
A trailer load of rock quickly disappears as they set the timbers.
About 10 AM the floor joists are in place.
Kyle nailing the first 4x8 sheet of 3/4 inch treated plywood flooring as Kirk's son watches.
Right after lunch the first wall is in ready to lifted into position.


Mid-afternoon and two walls up.

The end of day 1. Ready to start with the roof tomorrow.

No comments: