Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting Started





My first blog. Don't know exactly what I'm getting into here. Guess not knowing exactly what I'm doing really isn't new territory for me.

Anyway, here is a photo of Kamela & Sharon taken last weekend on our trip to So. Indiana. Kyle, Brenda & I left Friday after school/work and made it to the Shoals convention grounds in about 5 hours.

Saturday we enjoyed perfect weather and a picnic at Spring Hill State Park. Touring the old village with it's blacksmith shop, sawmill, working grist mill powered by a waterwheel was interesting. Among our purchases were some fresh, stone ground cornmeal and Brenda acquired a corn husk doll, similar to what Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote about in her book, LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS. I must add that the part of Southern IN that we saw was very, very neat. Hilly, wooded, remote, quaint, rustic and not as humid, hot, buggy as it likely was just a month or two ago.

Sunday afternoon we headed home so that Kyle and I would be home for our respective vocations on Monday. Thanks to the celebration of Christopher Columbus and his travels, Brenda took part of the day off work. By afternoon, she was having withdrawal symptoms so headed into the classroom for a bit.

No comments: